Discover the show
MDD Expo brings together know-how
dedicated to custom made products for all distribution sectors
Trends, innovations, business networks, internationalization ... During 2 days MDD Expo will bring together all buyers and manufacturers at Paris-Porte de Versailles - Hall 4.
European exhibitors: experts in custom made products
500 exhibitors, including over 150 from outside of France, attended the exhibition in 2015. Manufacturers, large groups or family businesses, exporting companies and start-ups ... all come for two days of business. Among the countries represented in 2015 were: Germany, Belgium, Spain, Italy, the Netherlands, Portugal, Sweden, the United Kingdom, Turkey...
Food and Non-food products
All ranges are represented, from ingredients ... to finished products:
- Savory (cooking aids, snacks, seasonings, condiments, canned vegetables and meat, baby food, sauces, soups, pet food ...)
- Sweet (breakfast, biscuits, confectionery, desserts, canned fruits, artisan and industrial pastries...)
- Beverages (non-alcoholic beverages, aperitifs, spirits, wines ...)
- Dairy products (cream, cheeses, desserts...)
- Meat / Cold & Cured Meats / Seafood
- Delicatessen products/ Freshly cut and packed products (ready meals, fresh produce)
- Appetizers / Finger foods
- Fish / Seafood
- Ice creams / Desserts
- Household products and Home Care (scented candles, cleaning products, matches, accessories)
- Hygiene / Perfume / Cosmetics (toiletries, beauty, essential oils, para-pharmacy, hair care, body care ...)
- Services (certification, laboratories, transport/logistics
6 specialist trails
6 trends will be highlighted at MDD Expo 2016 to guide buyers in their search:
Nutrition & Health: organic, free from, gluten-free, lactose-free, allergen-free ...
Products from the Regions of France: Specific local products with a strong regional identity and specific know-how ... French and international retail chains are keen on regional and Made in France know-how.
World foods: exotic flavors, traditions, original flavors, specific products, recipes...
Ingredients & Intermediary food products: food coloring, preservatives, flavoring, spices, antioxidants ... Ingredients and Intermediary food products are essential in the development of products and specifications across all sectors.
Gourmet selection: luxury products, fine foods... products developed with indisputable quality and expertise.
"On-the-go": ready to eat, ready to cook ... convenience products and food- to- go are ongoing trends
All distribution sectors attend
- 4,500 trade visitors attended MDD EXPO 2015, 13% came from Belgium, the Netherlands, Italy, Portugal, the UK, Ireland, Germany, Sweden...
- MDD Expo is strengthening its reputation in Europe, while it is strongly established and recognized in France for 15 years.
100% of distribution channels in one place
Even closer to its visitors in 2016
MDD EXPO reinforces its proximity with market players by conducting specific actions in the field: targeted phoning, meetings, in addition to several surveys conducted among visitors who did/did not attend the exhibition, both at international and French levels.
Why be part of MDD Expo Paris 2016 ?
- 100% of French retailers attend MDD Expo with large and extensive teams (buyers, R&D , marketing, management, project managers...). An opportunity to meet all category buyers and decisions makers.
- Based in Paris MDD Expo benefits from the proximity of all the central purchasing offices that are located in Paris and the surrounding areas.
- 4500 visitors, on top of retail all other distribution networks visit MDD Expo ( hotel, restaurant , social catering, airlines,trains, leisure centers and tourism…). 13% come from Belgium, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Portugal, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, Spain, Sweden...
- At the heart of Europe, MDD Expo Paris is also easy to access from all over Europe (using Thalys, Eurostar, Airlines, less than 3 hours from main northern and southern european cities).
- 500 European manufacturers of which 150 come from outside France: Belgium, Germany, Italy, Spain, the Netherlands...
- MDD Expo is a condensed and UNIQUE selection of expertise in custom made products aimed at all distribution networks.
- MDD Expo is all about innovation and market intelligence (a full, free of charge, conference program over the 2 days with key expert speakers, specific store visit program aimed at manufacturers from outside France...).
- MDD Expo Paris means quality. All participants have a French or European base with one objective: quality and premium products (2 segments that are experiencing major growth).
A professional trade fair, pre organized targeted business meetings and market intelligence
MDD Expo tailors targeted business meetings for you. The 20-minute-long Business Meetings are efficient and time saving. 250 meetings took place at the exhibition in 2015!
50 meetings with 12 international buyers organized by our partner Business France were also setup.
Regions of France
MDD Expo highlights local French products at "LA FRANCE DES REGIONS" (Regions of France)
The opportunity to showcase the know-how and specificities of 22 regions.
Pépinière de Talents (Talent Hothouse):
Brings together recruitment experts, engineering schools, and others, providing methods and guidance to companies on how to promote themselves and their products, thus helping them to find future employees.
MDD Expo, promoting know-how and innovation
The Trophées des Savoir-Faire Innovants (Innovative Know-How Awards):
With over 60 entries for the first edition in 2015, these awards distinguished the innovative know-how of 7 exhibitors! These awards will also take place in 2016, enabling manufacturers to enhance their expertise and creativity.
An overview of global trends in food and non-food through the products already commercialized by international retailers.
As the packaging of private label brands is a very strong driver of innovation and differentiation, MDD Expo highlights the best product/packaging combinations, with a focus on communication, functionality, and the environment.
Espace Dégustation (Tasting Area)
Enjoy original recipes, by the chefs and apprentices of the EPMTTH school using exhibitors' products.
MDD Expo, a tool for market intelligence
The MDD Expo symposiums
After a successful first edition in 2015, MDD Expo will setup 2 symposiums in 2016.
January 2016: focus on innovation
March 2016, prior to the show: focus on specific nutritional products, bringing together French and international buyers before the exhibition
Hear from industry professionals; meet and discuss with experts and get tips on international expansion and updates on the latest standards, consumer behavior, new market opportunities, etc ...
20 conferences led by Nielsen, Ania, Daymon Worlwide; over 700 listeners in 2015.
A program of store visits prior to the show
Solely dedicated to manufacturers from abroad this program will enable you to visit various retailers as well as different formats of stores to get an overview of French retail operators, and product assortments
Information all year round on own label developments in France and Europe
The MDD Infos magazine:
3 French language issues & 1 international issue per year, 60 000 digital copies per issue! Market intelligence, trends, news, interviews… Totally focused on the sector and the event.
It is an interactive platform. Over 80,000 visitors take advantage of this tool each year. The mobile version enables you to keep up with the event wherever you are.
The monthly Newsletter
It provides up-to-date exhibition and market news to over 60,000 contacts.
Relay the latest important releases and information. MDD Expo informs its visitors and promotes its events and exhibitors via tweets, status updates, photos, articles ... published regularly on: Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
MDD EXPO is stepping up its targeting of visitors in France and Europe:
CosmetiqueMag – Hôtellerie Restauration – Linéaires – LSA – Le Manager de l’Alimentaire – PointsdeVente – Distribucion Actualidad – ESM – FNG Magazin – Gondola – GDOWEEK – Store Brands…
These different media all relay our powerful communications campaign.
New in 2016
Real-time market intelligence on the French and European markets will give insight into current products and figures, retailers and manufacturers.
Seen at MDD Expo 2015
- Supermarkets, freezer centers, importers/exporters: Agenor, Aldi, AMS Sourcing, Auchan Production, Auchan Polska, Auchan International, Axfood, Carrefour et Carrefour CMI, EMC Casino, Colruyt, Daymon Worldwide, Delhaize, Dia, Eroski, Franprix-Leader Price, Francap,Grand Frais, Intermarché et Intermarché International , Leader Price, Leclerc-Scamark, Monoprix, Picard Surgelés, Provera, Sonae, Schwarz (Lidl), Toupargel, Sytème U, Unifood, Vestey Food…
- Foodservice and cash and carry: Accor, Buffalo Grill, Bridor, Cocktail Square, Davigel,Elior, Flunch, Groupe Bertrand, la Fournée Dorée, Metro Cash & Carry , Pizza Hut, Planet Sushi, Pomme de Pain, Relay, Pomona Episaveurs, Carrefour Promocash, Servair, SNCF, Sodexo, The Pokemon Company International,The Walt Disney Company, Transgourmet…
- E-commerce: DesiClic,K-Santé, KOT, Vente-privee.com…
- Specialized supermarkets: Biocoop, Décathlon, Hédiard,Harrod’s, Lea Nature, Naturalia…
- Para-pharmacies and Beauty stores: Univers pharmacie, PharmActiv, Parashop, Multipharma, Groupe Yves Rocher, Institut Cameane…
- Manufacturers: food and HPC manufacturers looking for outsourcing options and know-how.